Table of Contents
Does it sound annoying to you that you have to eat so many fruits and veggies to boost your immunity? Well, it also tastes bland and does not attract your taste buds at all. Hey, you don’t have to blind yourself with this myth. Instead, understand the reality that there are plenty of tasty and delicious recipes in the world that can not only boost immunity but also satisfy your food cravings.
So, here are the best five recipes that we have curated from trusted web resources. Hope you will love relishing on them!
Recipe No. #1: Turmeric Tea
Turmeric has gained immense popularity in the world due to its weight loss benefits. Apart from reducing weight, turmeric also helps in reducing inflammation, boosting immunity, and other benefits. We have a unique recipe from India, which is common in those households. Known as ‘Haldi Doodh,’ this recipe has tremendous effects on your immunity and can transform your well-being.
We call it Turmeric Tea. You can even call it Golden Milk or Turmeric Latte. Though there are several turmeric-related products in the market, making turmeric tea at home is an easy-peasy job.
- Milk – one or two cups depending on how many you want to serve.
- Turmeric Powder – between half and three-fourth teaspoon.
- Pepper Powder – quarter teaspoon.
- Cinnamon Powder – quarter teaspoon.
- Ginger – grated half teaspoon.
Place a cup of milk in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Add the rest of the ingredients in the milk. If required, add sugar, though we recommend you to drink as a sugarless beverage. Whisk the mixture with a handy whisker and bring it to boil till all the ingredients get absorbed in the milk. Sieve the milk in a glass and sprinkle pepper powder on the same. It is ready to serve.
Recipe No. #2: Roasted Almonds
Almonds are one of the superfoods that boost immunity due to the Vitamin E content in it. It is also a great snacking option and can help you to avoid tempting fast food. It contains low sodium, is good for vegans and those who are intolerant to gluten-rich foods. You can either roast them in an oven or on a frying pan, depending upon your convenience.
- Almonds – A handful or a pound (you can even make this recipe and store it for next day consumption).
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons.
- Rock salt – as per your taste.
- Thyme leaves or seeds – depending upon your taste.
Mix the almonds, thyme leaves or powder, and rock salt on a sheet pan and heat it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. You can turn them after five minutes and check whether they have turned into golden brown colour. If you want to add more salt or any other flavours, you can do the same after they get roasted completely.
Alternatively, you can roast on a frying pan until the almonds turn golden brown in colour. However, do not leave them unattended as it might turn into black. So, keep a tab on them till the recipe is over.
This recipe can be cooked within a few minutes and does not require much effort. You can store the roasted almonds in an air-tight container.
Recipe No. #3: Green Smoothie
Smoothies are popular and will be in trend because it is indeed so healthy and powerful. Easy to make, a smoothie can be blended from veggies and fruits of your choice with a twist. It is yummy and a great breakfast option when you are on the go. So, why wait when you can turn those boring leafy greens into a delicious smoothie and drool on it!
- A frozen banana (This is a must-have food for your smoothie or else it won’t complete. Needless to mention, bananas are a great source of potassium and other nutrients).
- An apple (Apples are treasure houses of immunity-boosting nutrients).
- 1 cup of spinach or kale leaves (Another treasure house of immunity-boosting nutrients and a reason to call this recipe as a green smoothie).
- Half cup orange juice (for your daily dosage of Vitamin C).
- Water and ice cubes, depending upon your preference for consistency).
- Flaxseed – one teaspoon (For healthy fats).
A very simple process involved in making this recipe! Mix all the ingredients in a blender and pulse it until it turns into a smooth recipe. If you want to garnish it, use some chopped almonds.
Recipe No. #4: Ragi Milk
This recipe is made out of ragi and is an excellent breakfast option. Also suitable for weight loss, it boosts immunity, strengthens your bones and joints, making you lean and strong. Most of the westerners are not aware of this recipe and so, we thought of introducing it to you.
- Ragi flour – 2 tablespoons.
- Jaggery (organic version preferred).
- Salt – for taste.
- Milk – if required. Dairy-intolerants can skip this ingredient.
- Cardamom powder – for taste.
Mix ragi flour and water in a bowl and keep it aside. Ensure that there are no lumps in it. Boil one cup of water and blend the ragi mixture into the same. Whisk it properly so that no lumps are formed during this stage. Keep stirring until it becomes glossy after a few minutes. Add jaggery and salt to taste. If you want to make it creamier, you can add a half cup of milk into it. You can even add cardamom powder into the mixture for enhanced taste and flavour. Pour it into the bowl, and your breakfast is ready.
Recipe No. #5: Carrot-Turmeric Soup
Carrots are powerhouses of Vitamin A and other nutrients. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and is great for reducing weight. Both of these ingredients are rich in antioxidants.
This soup is an excellent dish to slurp on winter evenings. If you are on a weight loss diet, then you can have this soup without any guilt.
- Carrots – 2 cups (it is advisable to first take the juice out of the carrots so that you can quickly use it in the recipe).
- Onion – 1 chopped.
- Turmeric powder or peeled turmeric.
- Coconut oil or virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 2 tablespoons of ginger paste.
- Rock salt to taste.
- 1 can of coconut milk (if you have freshly prepared coconut milk, then it is an excellent option).
- Sugar to taste.
- Cilantro or mint leaves (of course, fresh ones).
Heat oil in a pan and roast carrot juice, ginger, garlic, onions, turmeric. Boil it until the mixture becomes tender. Add coconut milk, little sugar and a pinch of salt to the soup. Pour the soup in a bowl and garnish it with cilantro or mint leaves.
- How to Boost the Immune System Quickly and Naturally (Free Guide)?
- 10 Top Herbs and Spices to Boost Immunity
- Foundation: Guiding Pathways to Optimal Health & Immune System!
In a nutshell, the above five recipes are great to taste and can boost your immunity to the maximum potential. It will require only some effort on your part and a creative urge for cooking.
Hi, my name is Liam Paul. I am a qualified nutritionist and a health-conscious person. I love to
read books about fitness, health, self-help, and much more. I have seen people consulting
me for weight loss or a specific health issue. But rarely someone came to me saying that
they want to be strong, healthy and build a robust immunity system.
So, I raised awareness regarding the benefits of a strong immune system through
workshops and seminars. This website is also one of the ways through which I can reach the
maximum audience and spread awareness about it. Also, I contribute to this website through
articles, blogs, supplement reviews for your benefits. I hope you find them useful.