Immunity acts like an integral part of your human body system. As a computer has firewalls and anti-virus systems to protect it from the outside threats, our immunity acts like the firewall. You can definitely try to take antibiotics, supplements and vaccines to get rid of the health concerns, our immunity influences how the external viruses and bacteria will be treated.
The way you install anti-virus software in your computer systems, you can strengthen the immune system by natural ways. We have enlisted four different ways by which you can strengthen your immunity and take it to the next level. Let us begin!
Why do you need to boost immunity?
In some cases, a strong immune system is a genetic boon. But this does not mean that you do not have to take efforts to increase your immunity. If you take efforts to strengthen your immunity, then it will become stronger, and you can live a long and healthy life.
Here are simple reasons why you should boost immunity and do something concrete for it.
- To be healthy and fit: If you have better immunity, you will be less infected by common colds and seasonal flu symptoms. In this way, you will exercise and live your daily life without any obstacles, and be healthy all the time.
- To develop a healthy perception: When you work towards a robust immune system, you eat healthy foods and take a number of steps for the same. In short, you adopt a healthy lifestyle and stay far from bad habits such as smoking and alcohol or even poor hygiene. You become positive towards healthy habits and life as a whole.
- To beat stress: Do you know that immunity and stress are interlinked? And yes, stress is an invitation to countless health problems with no proper solutions. If you are stressed, it is likely to affect your immunity. So, in order to increase your immunity, you have to keep your stress managed and get it on track. Wow, you are beating stress!
- To live a better version of your life: When you are healthy all the time, you become more productive and socially active with others. In short, you enjoy every moment of your life.
So, medical experts strongly believe that you have to make substantial efforts to boost your immunity to keep all the diseases at bay and live a happy life. If you want to know how you can do it, here is our free guide.
How to boost immunity quickly and naturally?
There are countless ways to increase immunity, provided you know how to utilize each of them wholeheartedly. People just under-estimate the power of immunity or think it is a God’s gift, and do not take efforts seriously. For some, it sounds like a long job and a boring one too. Don’t worry, instead of treating it as a chore, why not create interest in it? Did we say we wanted to improve immunity fast?
To be honest, immunity cannot be increased overnight, it takes at least a few weeks to seek a wonderful impact. But if you are diligent, then you can surely fight the viruses and infections. Dedicated efforts can make it possible, and you can be as lively as you are always! Following are the tips and ways of quick and natural boosting of immunity.
- Food is the elixir of life
When you are on an immunity-boosting journey, you cannot skip your meals, or eat wrong foods. You cannot cheat at all when it comes to eating healthy. People think that they have to eat boiled or raw foods to increase immunity. Well, it is not true. There are tons of options available which are delicious, yummy and immunity-boosting as well.
You can consult your nutritionist to know what is good for your immunity, and seek appropriate advice on the same. Also, you have to cut down foods that are not essential at all or harmful for your health. Body check-ups are recommended, and being able to stick to the new diet is mandatory.
- Stay away from the foods that destroy your immunity
You must have heard from most of the nutritionists, doctors and medical experts forbid you from eating certain foods. Yes, these foods are certainly harmful and can damage the immune system and make your lethargic, ill and unfit. So, you have to seek a lot of control over your temptations as most of these foods are tempting and mouth-watering. Of course, you have to resist those French Fries and a cup of Cappuccino!
You have to convince yourself that these foods are not suitable for your immunity. You have a solution to transforming the boring foods into tasty recipes. When you know how to cook such foods, it becomes easy for you to improve immunity.
So, instead of treating your immunity-boosting journey as a chore, make it a lifestyle. It will not be a regime but a realistic goal to achieve.
Incorporating certain habits such as skipping unhealthy foods from the diet, practising hygiene, moving your body sufficiently – all these are essential for your immunity.
Don’t go for a huge, dramatic change in your life. Instead, you should make little changes in your lifestyle. Little, micro habits can transform your immunity gradually but hugely.
- Move your body for your immunity
Well, what is the connection between immunity and exercise? Yes, there is a lot to know about it. Exercise releases endorphins which in turn maintains your weight tones your body, promote mental well-being, manages stress and does a lot of healthy things to your body.
You can join a gym, or do a workout at home. The point is to invest at least thirty minutes of your day in an exercise routine.
Remember that investing in exercise is similar to investing in your immunity. So, don’t let lethargy come your way of an immunity-boosting journey.
- A supplement does a lot for your immunity
Value-addition work is always necessary for any aspect, including your immune system. You can add value to your immunity by including a supplement in your routine. Does the supplement sound like weird or with some side effects? Not at all. We are talking about premium quality supplements which are designed by reputed suppliers as immunity-boosters.
Natural, safe, legal and well-researched supplements are the key to improved immunity. You can check out for such quality supplements in our Supplements Section. Before that, the Supplement Section in this article will also brief you with the same.
Section 1 – Foods to Eat
|Food||What’s so special about this food?||How does it boost immunity? |
|Sweet potatoes||Beta carotene, Vitamin A, and other nutrients||It fights infections and free radicals, maintains healthy skin and immunity.|
|Pomegranates||Antioxidants||It reduces inflammation, fights cancer, energizes the body, and makes you active.|
|Walnuts||Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, minerals, and other nutrients.||It balances cholesterol, improves the brain’s functioning, increases immune responses.|
|Spinach||Iron, zinc, vitamins.||It provides you with strength, immunity, heals wounds, and reduces inflammation.|
|Cauliflower||Vitamin C, Vitamin B.||It boosts immunity, promotes healthy digestion, and gives strength.|
|Onions||Anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.||It combats infections and heals wounds quickly.|
|Broccoli||Cancer-fighting compounds, Vitamin E||It promotes eye health, fights with bacteria, and safeguards your heart health.|
|Citrus Fruits||Vitamin C||It is great for immunity and facilitates better digestion.|
|Mushrooms||Fiber, Vitamin B Complex, Potassium, Copper, Protein.||It boosts immunity by building up new cells, repairs old cells, promotes a healthy gut.|
|Sprouts||Fiber, Protein, Vitamin K, antioxidants, and other vitamins.||It strengthens bones, grows more blood cells, safeguards against cell damage.|
|Figs||Potassium, Vitamin C, Calcium, Fiber.||It balances blood pressure, boosts immunity, and strengthens your bones.|
|Apples||Most of the essential Vitamins.||It is good for cardiovascular organs, improves immunity, and controls sugar cravings.|
|Pears||Vitamin C, Vitamin K, antioxidants.||It fights free radicals, promotes a healthy gut, protects skin against sun and other polluting factors, boosts immunity.|
|Cranberries||Vitamin C, antioxidants.||It protects urinary tract functioning, maintains cardiovascular organs, boosts immunity, fights inflammation.|
|Beans||Vitamin K, Vitamin A.||It strengthens bones, boosts immunity and supplies energy to your body.|
|Pumpkin||Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, and other nutrients.||It boosts immunity, controls sugar cravings, promotes natural sugars, fights against anti-aging signs, maintains organ health.|
|Pineapples||Vitamin C.||It fights inflammation, reduces cough problems, combats infections and boosts immunity.|
|Beetroot||Iron and other vitamins.||It maintains kidney and liver health, maintains cholesterol levels and promotes heart health.|
|Green Peas||Iron, Folate, Vitamins.||It fights infection, boosts immunity, fights cancer growth.|
|Carrots||Vitamin A, Vitamin C, antioxidants.||It promotes eye health, reduces cancer risks, promotes oral hygiene.|
|Berries||Vitamin C, and other nutrients., Fiber, antioxidants.||It supplies energy, makes you feel fresh and active throughout the day.|
|Water||Nutrients||It promotes healthy functioning of the organs, hydrates your body and energizes you to do routine activities.|
|Tomatoes||Vitamin C.||It boosts immunity and combats infections.|
|Green Tea||Antioxidants||It facilitates weight loss, promotes healthy immunity, fights against cold and cough symptoms.|
|Eggs||Vitamin D, protein, minerals and other nutrients.||It boosts immunity and fights against illnesses.|
|Garlic||Microbial properties.||It maintains cardiovascular health and boosts immunity.|
|Ginger||Anti-inflammatory properties.||It reduces cold and cough symptoms, combats cholesterol and improves immunity.|
|Ginseng||Chinese and Indian medicinal herbs.||It combats inflammation, reduces cancer cells, controls blood glucose levels and maintains psychological health.|
|Turmeric||Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, popular Indian herb.||It reduces inflammation, heals wounds, reduces weight, reduces cough, fights bacteria, promotes a healthy gut, and manages stress.|
|Astragalus||Chinese herb||It promotes healthy digestion, fights flu symptoms, flushes out toxins from the body.|
|Angelica Root||Properties to fight bacteria.||It promotes better respiratory health and facilitates better immune responses.|
|Bell Peppers||Beta-carotene and other nutrients.||It boosts immunity, releases more Vitamin A in the body, and reduces cancer risks.|
|Cat’s Claw||Peru-based herb.||It facilitates immunity responses, protects from radiation, and prevents brain damage.|
|Ginkgo Biloba||Antioxidants.||It combats free radicals and cell damage, strengthens health, and boosts immunity.|
|Ganoderma||Chinese herb.||It boosts immunity, combats cancer, and fights infections.|
Section 2 – Foods to Avoid
You must have heard about immunity-enriching foods suggested on websites and by medical experts. Similarly, there are certain foods which can spoil your immunity, and whatever you eat healthy goes in vain. Hence, be careful when you shop for grocery foods. Find the below list and do not pick up these foods from the stores. Simple!
- Red Meat
- Fried Snacks
- Processed Foods
- Sugar and sugary foods
- Soda and Diet Soda
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Gluten-based foods
- Refined oil
- Foods with MSG and foods with pesticides and chemicals
Are you still not convinced about the bitter truth of these foods? Then, don’t worry. Our Foods to Avoid Page will elaborate on the reasons why you should not eat these foods and what harm they can cause. Moreover, we have also suggested some healthy replacements for these foods.
Section 3 – Lifestyle Habits
Apart from vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices, there are a number of habits that you need to incorporate. It could be merely washing your hands or sleeping well. Even healthy habits can do wonders for your immune system.
- Practice hygiene
You do not have to wear gloves all the time; still, you ought to follow basic hygiene practices such as washing hands regularly, wearing a mask (due to the sudden pandemic crisis), not coming in contact with sick persons, eating in clean dishes, using a handkerchief while sneezing or coughing, and so on.
- Sleep well
Immunity is largely depending on how well you sleep. This is because when we sleep, our body performs functions properly and lets us live the next day with energy and zeal. So, get at least six to eight hours of beauty sleep every night.
Along with foods, movement is essential to release endorphins and get your food digested. You can pop up a lot of vitamin supplements available in the stores, but none of them can offer what exercise can do. So, allow your immune cells to move freely in your body by investing in a workout daily for at least thirty minutes.
- Manage stress well
If you are stressed out frequently, your immune system is likely to experience a downfall. Hence, you ought to manage your stress well and get it back on track. It could be a session of meditation, journaling, or even watching a favourite TV show. Relieving stress from your body is essential. You cannot be stressed and eat healthily and expect your immunity to be perfect.
- Quit bad habits like smoking and drinking alcohol
Before you start a new healthy habit, it is essential to quit a bad one. It could be smoking in your case or even alcohol. Tobacco and alcohol disrupt your entire system, including immunity. So, we strongly suggest quitting bad habits and replacing them with healthy ones.
Section 4 – Immunity-Boosters
Have you heard recently about immunity-boosters that are fabulous for your health? Well, then let us read further in this section. All immunity-boosters are not great, and all of them are not as bad as well. One can judge a supplement from its ingredients, its quality and the proportion in which they are used. In case of any confusion, you can find the best immunity-boosters in the table given below. For further details, navigate through our website for 7 best selling immune booster brands, and you will seek the best resources.
|Supplement Name||Brand Name|
|#1 Immune Defence||Swiss Research Labs Ltd.|
|#2 Immune Support Bundle for over 50||Evolution Slimming|
|#3 Immune Support||Vita Balance|
|#4 Organixx 7M Plus Immune Support||Organixx|
|#5 Curcleve||Natural Health Source|
|#6 VitaSprings – Mushroom Immune Defence||VitaSprings|
|#7 Essential Immunity Oil||Eden Garden|
- Oranges – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15495002.
- Water – https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/common-cold/in-depth/cold-remedies/art-20046403.
- Berries – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27184276
- Tomatoes – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19263912.
- Bell peppers – https://www.health.harvard.edu/cold-and-flu/can-vitamin-c-prevent-a-cold.
- Broccoli – https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-03/uoc–usf030608.php.
- Green Tea – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3459493/.
- Eggs – https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1367448.
- Apples – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC442131/.
- Walnuts and other nuts – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16943455.
- Mushrooms – https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150416112826.htm.
- Vitamins and immunity – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2906676/.
- Cranberries – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4942875/
- Garlic – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4417560/
- Ginger – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3665023/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92775/.
- Turmeric – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569218, https://www.nature.com/articles/labinvest200890.
- Ginseng – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659612/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23717137.
- Astragalus – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6438022/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15035888.
- Angelica Root – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3174116/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3576791/.
- Bell peppers – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5658767/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4665466/.
- Cat’s claw – https://nccih.nih.gov/health/catclaw, https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=19&contentid=CatsClaw.
- Gingko Biloba – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25016273.
- Ganoderma – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92757/.